July 14, 2011
Think color. Bright, beautiful colors. In stripes, prints, geometrics and more-vibrant and runway ready. Turn more than a few heads in bohemian style scarves, geometric tops, and ruched, ruffled and rich shifts. Playful two-tones, with a mix of vintage eyelet and homegrown chic. And the hems are longer. Much longer. Flowing, flattering and straight from the 70s.
Style your shape with these body basics:
- Tall and terrific? Long and lean. The new hemlines are made for you.
- Average but curvy? Bright geometrics on top. Dark and slightly wide-legged on the bottom.
- Petite-ish? Short shifts with lots of leg. In vibrant colors, with detail at the top.
July 08, 2011
Avoid the mighty melt in this wilting weather:
- Wear loose-fitting fabrics in linen or light cotton. A wicking shirt is great if you exercise outside.
- Keep a bottle of spritzer in your purse. Spray some on your face and wrists for a lovely, cooling sensation.
- Always wear SPF 15 or higher. No amount of sun is good sun. According to new research, you can get plenty of Vitamin D through supplements.
- Get a sun-kissed glow with a self-tanner that has instant results. The Coppertone brand can be washed off and reapplied if you accidentally over indulge.
- Shorts, skirts and sandals are the order of the day if you’re playing or partying outside. Keep a water bottle handy for easy hydration.
- Beach-kissed hair pulled back in a clip and a lip lickin’ pinkish gloss can keep the heat at bay. At least until you hit the waves.
March 20, 2011
Playful, airy layers with a touch of romantic femininity are important for this spring season. There is a strong influence from treasures of time worn fabrics and lace detailing from vintage lingerie. Boudoir dressing brings sleek and sensual underpinnings out into the open as a fashion statement. Floating shapes, gentle draping with sheer layers look modern, fresh with a hint of soft sophistication. Layers of neutrals and pastels in airy textures with polished details evoke a feeling of light dreaminess, not heavy-handed, but rather a little flirtatious and breezy. Legwear looks include thigh highs with lace trims, nets and sheer textures are key. Beautiful and classically sheer coverage, pretty tulles, and nets accessorize the leg and complete the look for spring 2011. Overall look should be floating and feminine, comfortable and carefree.
March 18, 2011
Loving spring trends—like those long, versatile maxi dresses—but not sure you have the figure to pull them off? Try L’eggs Profiles shapewear. The wide selection of styles help you highlight your best features, while smoothing out problem areas. So you don’t have to shy away from those favorite spring looks.
March 18, 2011
The perfect little black dress has a place in every fashionable girl’s closet. Worn on its own, it is simple and chic in a Audrey Hepburn kind of way. But there are ways to instantly amp up this wardrobe staple. Here are a few ideas.
Any references to individuals living or dead, or any references to third party trademarks in this forum, should not in any way be interpreted to suggest an affiliation, connection, association, sponsorship, or any other commercial relationship between Hanesbrands Inc. and the named individual or trademark owner.